May 14, 2010
The zingy flavors in this super-healthy take on the classic chilled springtime soup are sure to impress your guests. Serves 4.
- 4 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- ½ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ½ cup slivered or sliced almonds (no skins), lightly toasted
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ c olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 ½ cups white/green grapes, seedless
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak bread in vegetable stock, drain and reserve bread and stock.
- In a blender, puree grapes, nuts and garlic until smooth.
- Add soaked bread and vinegar.
- Reduce blender speed to low, and add oil gradually.
- Adjust consistency with remaining vegetable stock, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- Serve in shallow bowls.
For any questions about this or past menus, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org