Body detox: components of an anti-aging diet

by timetospa July 22, 2011
Body detox: components of an anti-aging diet

Anti aging skincare products can work wonders for your skin, but adding the right anti aging foods into your diet can help improve their effectiveness. Experts say many fruits, vegetables and green teas are rich in antioxidants and other compounds that can help keep your skin naturally radiant.

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, enough sleep, no tobacco products and a diet full of healthy foods and beverages can supplement your anti aging skincare routine to create an optimal defense against aging.

There are many foods and drinks packed with phytonutrients, which reduce the amount of free radicals in your skin. Free radicals are oxygen molecules that can play a role in the onset of illnesses. You can slow aging on the cellular level by eating foods full of anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants such as:

Acai berries

Allium vegetables like garlic, onions, leeks, scallions and chives

Avocado

Barley

Buckwheat

Beans and lentils

Hot peppers

Nuts and seeds

Yogurt.

Don't forget about water, which is necessary to keep your skin hydrated. Drink three or four glasses a day, which should be enough when you add other liquids and watery foods. Try to avoid foods that can accelerate aging, including those with a lot of saturated or trans-fatty acids, sugars and starches.

Well-Being Tips

Marian Armstrong United States
7/25/2011 5:01:52 AM #

The anti-aging diet information is spot-on!  Green tea, especially, has so many benefits.

Suzanne Moore United States
7/25/2011 5:26:16 AM #

The only problem with this is sticking to a healthy plan.

Sharon Otten United States
7/25/2011 5:42:36 AM #

Doing Bikram style hot yoga gives my skin a healthy looking glow and makes me feel clean on the inside.

Scherry Edens United States
7/25/2011 5:51:37 AM #

I have just started the American Heart Asso. Low-fat, low cholesterol diet and this just backs up the information that I have been studying.  Green tea, good fruits and vegetables, nuts and yogurt all combine in making for a healthier body.  Thank you for this information.

Linda Pelano United States
7/25/2011 6:04:34 AM #

You can do a million stomach crunches and yes, you will have strong tight stomach muscles, but what about the layer of fat that is in front of those muscles?? A proper diet of leafy green vegetables, low fat meats, and lots of water along with regular exercise will take off that fat. This is not a quick easy process, it takes dedication and will power to eat sensibly, but remember you are human, you can indulge a bit occasionally, just to maintain sanity.

Dani United States
7/25/2011 6:08:15 AM #

The body detox article was very informative.

Valerie Hill United States
7/25/2011 7:12:31 AM #

I also enjoying a steam room at least once per month to detox my body.

Marci Cornelius United States
7/25/2011 7:39:30 AM #

I can't wait to try this.

Melanie United States
7/25/2011 7:44:57 AM #

Than you for the article on Body detox.Short,sweet,simple, but brimming with helpful info!

Sandra United States
7/25/2011 9:24:15 AM #

Not only are so many of these foods nutrient rich, they are also fiber rich which is very important in detox!  Eat and be well.

Dorothy United States
7/25/2011 11:48:26 AM #

These are the same things found on the anti -cancer, low cholesterol, and heart healthy diets my husband and I have been handed over the past couple of months.  It's amazing what is good for you is just good for just about anything.  Thanks for a concise list.

Cristin United States
7/25/2011 2:32:36 PM #

Yes, what we put in our bodies make a difference.  It is also important to use high quality skin care products--  I noticed improvement right away when I did this.

Janet Palmer United States
7/25/2011 5:14:43 PM #

I am about half way though my second month on the elemis program and I did'nt feel much change the first month, but since I started the second month I can say that I have become more regular, which has made me feel better,  I can't wait to see what other results come from continuing the use of the Elemis program.

Linda Greer United States
7/25/2011 5:55:53 PM #

The information on healthy eating is very good!  This will help my new heart healthy diet.

Boots No 7 United States
8/30/2011 2:42:08 AM #

Good article and body detox article was quiet interesting. If you are interested in beauty and health realted product please visit the site given below

www.thebeautyinsiders.com/...ect-beauty-serum.html

Acai Berry Fresh Review
9/10/2013 2:16:16 AM #

Hey There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is a really smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I'll definitely return.

My blog post ::  Acai Berry Fresh Review - help.scouts.ca/entries/21872849-Acai-Berry-Fresh

About timetospa  |  Corporate Gifting  |  Customer Service  |  Site Map  |  Professional Center
Press Room  |  Gift Card  |  Shipping Info  |  Bookmark this site

Our Brands:
BioFreeze  |   Bliss  |   CND  |   Colorescience  |   Elemis  |   Freeze 24-7  |   GoSmile  |   Ionithermie  |
Jou  |   La Thérapie  |  Laboratoire Reméde   |   Mandara Spa  |   Phyto  |   Steiner

Steiner Beauty Products, Inc.  |  800-423-5293  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use

You are viewing the North/South American site.

HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.