August 2, 2011
Aging is inevitable, but the toll it takes on your skin doesn't have to be. Learn how to keep your armor in top shape by following these five tips to slow down the aging process and leave you with soft, beautiful and supple skin:
1. Avoid unnecessary chemicals. Many of the additives in our shampoos, skincare products and cleaning supplies contain harsh chemicals that damage our skin in very real ways. Only use skincare products from reputable dealers with proven track records.
2. Nourish your skin. Certain foods, such as dark leafy greens, vegetables with beta carotene and antioxidant fruits will help provide proteins to your skin while reducing toxins to keep you looking young.
3. Cleanse and exfoliate on a regular basis. Use a balancing cleanser, like Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser, to deeply clean and purify your face. Exfoliate daily with a mild scrub, like Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator.
4. Stay hydrated. Saturate your skin inside and out by drinking plenty of water and using a high-quality moisturizer like La Therapie Creme Hydratherapie Intensive Hydration Cream, which also contains antioxidants.
5. Don't let stress get the best of you. Our skin really shows our stress levels, so make the effort to keep it in line by engaging in regular exercise, meditation and relaxing self-care.
Taking time to practice regular skincare can help you stay carefree and young-looking for years to come.