August 24, 2011
Almost everyone has heard about the negative ways that stress can impact your life. Even so, it can be hard to find the time to practice good de-stressing techniques - especially when limited time is such a big source of anxiety in itself!
Here are a few ways you can take the pressure off yourself in five minutes or less:
1. Deep breathing exercises. Has anyone ever caught you in a stressed out moment and suggested that you simply take a breath? That's because increased oxygen levels actually improve your blood chemistry, causing you to feel better.
2. Office meditation. Workplaces can be incredible sources of stress and anxiety. The next time you feel the panic coming on, take a minute to sit in a quiet place, empty your head and practice silent meditation.
3. Five-minute yoga. Yoga is a great way to unwind after a hard day. Try performing just a few moves, like the cat pose and downward facing dog, in a peaceful place to help you relax.
4. Indulge in a little dark chocolate. Cocoa causes your body to release a pleasure-hormone called serotonin, which will make you feel better the natural way.
5. Light a candle. Soothing scents like lavender and chamomile are thought to tangibly reduce stress levels.
share this article