How to reward your weight-loss efforts...without ruining your diet

by timetospa August 31, 2011
How to reward your weight-loss efforts...without ruining your diet

For most women, losing weight isn't just an ideal, it's a chore. That's why it's so important to keep yourself motivated over the course of your weight-loss plan and regular fitness routine. One of the best ways to do this is by rewarding yourself every time you achieve one of your goals.

"An incentive program that provides frequent positive feedback can be very effective at changing behavior," Dr. Kevin Volpp, director of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics Center for Health Incentives, told ABC News.

One of the problems with this approach is that many women tend to reward themselves with the thing dieters crave most: food. And not just any food - rich, indulgent, sexy foods, like chocolate truffle cake and hot fudge sundays. After all, you've earned it, right?

Perhaps, but giving yourself such rewards only sets you back further from your ultimate goal. That's why rewarding yourself with something that isn't food-related is a better option.

Consider treating yourself to a new outfit or accessory instead, like a pair of shoes. A book you've been dying to read or a fancy kitchen gadget are also good choices. And on those occasions where you've really met your milestones, treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment that will leave you feeling relaxed and underscore your ultimate goal: achieving a healthy body that you can feel good about.

Well-Being Tips

Mario Goeken United States
6/10/2014 8:10:45 AM #

Oh no! I can't make it and I am so sad! I really want to go but the girls are throwing me a going away party that night at Angie's. And i need so much clothes for my new job. So bummed. Anyway, have a very blast and that i would go together with the dress  its fab! XOXO

Rhett Miura United States
6/14/2014 1:46:16 AM #

Having the very good health and financial resources to travel with my wife as much as possible, to see more on the earth and meet more of its individuals.

Silas Meginnis United States
6/15/2014 2:00:27 AM #

It really is with regards to the driving, sillies. Back again while in the day, drivers realized it was dangerous. The modern drivers feel they cannot get hurt and bump about accordingly. Thank Senna and Schumi for that. They're incorrect. It's nevertheless incredibly dangerous, and they should avoid contact and drive decently. Fangio is nonetheless the greatest champion for the reason that he came by means of it alive, and a gentleman that no-one had a undesirable word for. Prior to his death, Senna was universally hated in the paddock. I've been in two races with fatalities and safety cannot be stressed also substantially. Watch Senna the movie and Sir Jackie's points are spot on. Men like Fangio and Moss experienced true courage.

Andy Hadesty United States
6/16/2014 5:24:30 AM #

I bought one among this but need to be restored. I inherited it from my parent. It has even now the outdated plate quantity in the again. I will restorr this.

Kira Sayavong United States
6/17/2014 10:08:29 PM #

excellent stage cord pilot. been inside the car organization because 1975 and by no means told a lie simply to promote promote a car (told a good deal for other explanations i guess), as well as in that time i've bought several many cars through the public. the tales they tell are past awesome but i guess thats okay for them to stretch the reality for monetary gain. bought a 300 G from a fellow who claimed it had been ran within the "flyin mile" on daytona beach (ormand actually) in feb 61. turns out the car was built in may possibly of 61. now that was a fast car i told him, it time travels. his reply "well i used to be there, you wern't"

Rosendo Corkins United States
6/20/2014 1:14:25 PM #

Can anybody acquire it from a bookstore?

Cortez Koen United States
6/22/2014 3:11:33 AM #

I might move to Hawaii and after that travel the earth.

Luke Warzecha United States
7/12/2014 6:16:30 AM #

I am a keen letter writer, and would enjoy to know if there is in any case of creating a letter writing community through this. Creative letter writers writing to creative letter writers the globe over. I will reply to all those who wish to write and not just receive. 51 Lavender Sweep, London SW11 1DY. England