July 31, 2012
1. Close your eyes for 5 minutes and count your breath: 4 counts in; 6 counts out.
2. Drink a glass of water when you wake up and have another every few hours.
3. Walk a little more. Take the stairs instead of the elevator if you’re just going a few floors. Walk a few blocks instead of hopping on public transportation.
4. Add a piece of fruit to your day. Whatever you like, whenever you like.
5. Remember that exercise should be hard, because it makes everything else easier!
6. Be good to your mind and body. Have a massage, meditate and say only kind things to yourself, even when you make a mistake.
7. Be helpful. Studies show that when you help others, you really do help yourself. It makes you feel good and worthy and activates those healthy, healing, love hormones!
8. Keep a journal and study it like an observer. What are you doing too much of? What are you doing too little of? What aren’t you doing at all? Address and these things and make little changes.
9. Stop thinking in absolutes. Sometimes we have an unrealistic view of “all or nothing” scenarios. Instead, just look at improving your health and improving your life, one baby step at a time.
10. Never underestimate the power of the body to heal itself. Every day, we inhale and digest pathogens in the atmosphere and in our food and it is our body that manages to protect our vital organs, by dealing with them. Your body is wise and totally functional. Your job is to give it what it needs to remain that way.
share this article