3 Exercises That Will Take Your Squats To The Next Level
It happens to everyone: You show up at the gym and do your typical routine. But it just doesn’t seem to be doing as much for you as it used to. It’s time to shake up your squat routine.
Start with fixing your form. To avoid caving your knees, utilize a resistance band. This will create bodily awareness and generate positive results. Then, once your form is fixed, you can use various resistance levels to create some serious progress. So, whether you’re a squat pro or novice these exercises are sure to take your squats to new heights:
1. Place the band slightly above your knees and spread your legs shoulder-width apart.
2. Put your weight on your heels and squat down.
3. Keeping a 90-degree angle make sure your upper thighs are parallel to the ground.
4. Keep driving your knees apart because the band will try to force them together.
5. Return to the top and repeat.
Banded Pulse Squat
1. Start with your feet hip-width apart and arms stretched out in front of you.
2. Perform a squat as you normally would, dropping down towards the ground with your butt pushed back and knees never over your toes.
3. Pretend like you are sitting in a chair.
4. Hold the squat position at the bottom as you pulse a few inches up and down for the entire exercise.
5. Do as many pulses as you can and then return to the first position.
Banded Jump Squat
1. Adjust the band to encompass the middle of your thigh.
2. Squat towards the ground keeping parallel to the floor.
3. Lower slightly and then jump straight up for maximum height.
4. Land on balls of feet to minimize the impact.
5. Repeat as many reps as desired.
Post-Workout Make Time To Replenish
And the most important thing to do after each workout is to recover. Make sure you make time to hydrate, relax and let your body replenish after each sweat session. A few things you can do may include soaking your sore body in a replenishing synergy of ingredients, applying a soothing massage balm on aching muscles, or opting for CBD products to help boost your body’s recovery. By giving your body a bit of post-workout TLC, you’ll be ready for your next workout.For more fitness and exercise tips, click here.