Why Adding This Spice Cabinet Staple is Crucial To Your Health
If you’re on the hunt for something that will spice up your life in different ways, stop running, and start looking for the spice aisle in your local supermarket. Turmeric is the name and you'll want to wear it out. This wholesome ingredient has a plethora of benefits you may not have known about.
The phone is ringing and Turmeric picks up. “Yellow? Where’s Curcumin?” Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric that gives the spice its yellow tint along with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Used daily, these components can fight free radicals that are responsible for aging skin. Its bitter taste isn’t for everyone, but we know of a recipe or two that we think you will like "a latte." It’s called a Golden Milk Turmeric Latte.
Golden Milk Turmeric Latte Recipe
1. In a small pot, heat up 1 and ¼ cups of your milk of choice
2. Stir in 1 ⁄ 2 teaspoon of each - turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
3. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper
4. Add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or honey
5. Whisk the ingredients together for ten minutes.
6. Pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Brighten Up The Room
The components in turmeric promote the production of collagen and can be used to treat skin wounds, according to Healthline. Due to the spice's natural antiseptic benefits, it can help with acne breakouts and scarring. Byrdie had a great suggestion - make a mask out of it.
Turmeric Face Mask
1. Heat up a teaspoon of honey in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds (Remember, turmeric’s yellow tint can stain your fingers or face, so we do not recommend applying a mask before any special events unless yellow pigment is your thing, of course.)
2. Combine the honey with a teaspoon of turmeric and milk or Greek yogurt
3. Apply the mask and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes
4. Finally, rinse off and feel the natural glow radiating off of your skin.
TTS INSIDER: If making your own mask isn't for you, try these instead.